Sunday, October 26, 2008

Goldengrove

"Goldengrove" by Francine Prose started off as a good book. I enjoyed the story line (well, maybe enjoy isn't exactly the right word, as a teen-aged girl dies) but I liked the way the story was going & how it was written. As the story went on though, I didn't like the way the story unfolded. The family reacted to the death but going into themselves & making some bizarre choices. I found the book creepy & disturbing in parts and in the end I can't say I enjoyed it much. It has some good reviews though so maybe it is just me that didn't like it. I don't know.

1 comment:

jkluginbill said...

Oh. I like creepy and disturbing...maybe I will like it. :)

It is sometimes hard to read a book about how people deal with tragedy b/c of our own personal thoughts...

Anyway...Hi.