Sunday, October 26, 2008

Shoot the Moon

Our October book club read is "Shoot the Moon" by Billie Letts. I haven't read any books by Billie before so I can't compare but overall this was just an ok book. I liked the overall premise but the resolution didn't cut it for me. Yes, I do realize I'm not an author so I have no idea how hard it is to write a book, blah blah blah. Seriously though, nothing bugs me more (well, maybe a few things ... ) than a book taking hundreds of pages to suck you into the story & then it all coming to a pretty close in 10-20 pages. What's up with that? Why can't we have a conclusion that actually takes some time & thought to really come to terms with?!? Is that so much to ask? OK, I'll hush now. The book was very easy to read though, so there you go.

1 comment:

jkluginbill said...

It was easy to read. And quick.

I read Where the Heart Is and LOVED it...this one? Not so much.

I will agree with liking the premise...however the ending made me not really like the book at all. Harsh I know, but whatever!

Maybe we have become critical in our age(s)...