Monday, February 23, 2009

Still Alice

Well...It's been awhile. Cheryl got back on the book blog wagon and I figure I should as well. This has been a crazy new year...let's hope it calms down and I get back in the habit of blogging my reads.

Over the weekend I finished a fantastic book, Still Alice by Lisa Genova. Very quickly, this book is about a 50 year-old Harvard professor who has early onset Alzheimer's disease. What a fascinating look into the world of Alzheimer's. It was emotional and informative and a wonderful story. I highly recommend it.

One of the reason's I was drawn to this book is that my grandfather and my great-grandmother both had Alzheimer's disease. I don't know if it was early onset or not, but the disease is close to my heart.

For more info on the book click the book cover (for the author's website or her name - above) or the title of the book above (for the amazon site).

If you are interested in reading more about Alzheimer's Disease and how you can donate to help find a cure click here to go to the Alzheimer's Association site.

Happy Reading!

No comments: