Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Reading Trio.

I have three books going right now. I am one of those people that can have more than one book going on at a time. Usually I try to only have one novel on a rare occasion I may have two. Right now I have a novel and two non-fiction books.
The first book is An Open Heart, by the Dalai Lama. I have always had a fascination with the Dalai Lama. He is such a compassionate person with an unselfish heart. I think that his teachings are universal and apply to every person, every religion. So far I am really enjoying the book. It is a compilation of his talks given in New York City in 1999. (Did you know that the Dalai Lama has a website? I put a link above...)

The second book is Before You Know Kindness, by Chris Bohjalian. I really enjoyed his book, Midwives and hope to enjoy this one as well. I have just started this, so far I am enjoying it. A little slow starting, but not in a cumbersome way. Just slow and steady and enjoyable.

The last book is This I Believe, edited by Jay Allison and Dan Gediman. This book is filled with essays by 80 different people about their personal beliefs. I checked it out at the library and liked it so much I knew I had to own in. You can go to their website, This I Believe, to read more essays and for information on writing/submitting your own.

Happy Reading!

No comments: