Monday, January 28, 2008

Whistling in the Dark

"Whistling in the Dark" is a great book! Truly ... I started reading it, not sure of what to expect and quickly got sucked in & couldn't put it down. Literally! That's pretty much how I spent my day today, reading the book. The story is centered around Salley O'Malley and her younger sister, Troo. It's set in the summer of 1959 and when their mother gets sick and goes to the hospital, their step-father essentially abandons them & they are left to pretty much take care of themselves. Oh yeah, there's also a murderer/molester on the loose & Sally is sure of who it is & that she is next on their list. The book did a great job of keeping you on the edge of your seat as to who the bad guy was & really did a good job of getting into the head's of both Sally & Troo. I would definitely recommend this book ... and it's not even chick lit! ☺

1 comment:

jkluginbill said...

I knew I recognized the title. I did write it down!

I'm glad you liked it - it will remain on my list.