Thursday, August 28, 2008

New Moon

New Moon is the second book in the Twilight series. I have to say that I loved New Moon almost as much as Twilight (rarely do I love anything in a series as much as the first).

In Twilight you are introduced to Edward and the rest of the Cullen clan who are vampires. In New Moon you get to know Jacob, a werewolf. I will just tell you that I now love a vampire and a werewolf. Evidently my heart is easy!

I don't usually comment on or critique other people's reviews, however there is just one thing I want to say about some of the reviews of these books. Here goes: They are books. They are fiction. I don't expect the author to make me happy. I also think when reading them you must remember that they are written for teens and about teens. I have read many reviews about how horribly Bella has acted in the books (I am currently mid-book 3, so maybe I will change my mind at some point). Bella is a teen. I remember being a teenage girl with a broken heart, remember thinking things are life and death when they weren't. It is a teenage story about a teenager that we would love to shake and try to make react in different ways based on our experiences, but that isn't going to happen in fiction or real-life - no matter how much we want it. Anyway...that is all I'm going to say.

And...I loved this book too. I recommend the series. I am enjoying book three and am looking forward to the movie.

No comments: