Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Bitter is the New Black

Bitter is the New Black by Jen Lancaster. The complete title of this book is:

Bitter is the New Black : Confessions of a Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered Smartass,Or, Why You Should Never Carry A Prada Bag to the Unemployment Office

And the great thing is she does take a Prada bag to the Unemployment Office. Really. You shouldn't do that.

This is a funny memoir written by a funny girl. I have read some reviews that "HATE" Jen Lancaster for being bitchy, egotistical, blah, blah, blah. I love her because she is real. Maybe she really is bitchy - whatever - at least she is herself. I think she is hilarious and I really liked that she learned lessons...maybe not all the lessons she should have...but lessons none-the-less.

Ok. You know that I love the book. I would recommend it if you want a laugh or if maybe you just want to feel better about your own life...Or maybe if you too are a smartass - I mean, I 'm not, but maybe if you ARE you would like it.

Jen has a great blog Jennsylvania. You should visit. She is funny. Enjoy.

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

Tami said...

Well. i must be a smart a** b/c I am laughing out loud. Funny stuff.

Shelly said...

Thanks for loaning me the book Jerrie! It took me a while to get into it, but when she started to learn her lessons I liked it a lot more. All of her crazy spending made me crrrazyyyy!
Oh, and I'm prolly a smart A. ;)