Saturday, February 23, 2008

Wondering

I found this blog, Booking Through Thursday, that asks weekly questions about reading and books (mostly). I really liked the questions and thought I would continue on here. If you feel like participating leave a comment and let us know what you think. Answer the question either in the comments or on your own blog...we would love to hear from you!

Question: All other things (like price and storage space) being equal, given a choice in a perfect world, would you rather have paperbacks in your library? Or hardcovers? And why?

I would have to say both. I really enjoy hardbacks on my shelves - I like how they are (mostly) uniform and look so orderly. However, I like to read the trade paperback size and those also look nice on the shelf as they are a uniform size. I rarely buy a mass-market paperback and only will do so if I know I won't be keeping the book. So, there you go...not really an answer, but close enough.

4 comments:

Maree said...

Trade paperbacks are the happy medium.

Cheryl said...

Trade paperback size is definitely my favorite. Next would be hardcover & last, paperback. I feel like with the trade paperback size & the hardcover, you have the ability to keep the book open easier. With the paperback size you have to physically hold the book and the pages open ... way too much work for me.

Cheryl said...

Oh yeah, and my comment might make more sense with me saying that I usually read in bed, laying down on my side with my book next to me. ☺

Angie said...

Trade paperbacks are my fav size, and price too! Though if money and space were not an issue, I would most likely have all hardcovers.