Sunday, June 8, 2008

Love the One You're With

"Love the One You're With" by Emily Giffin turned out to be a really good book. I have had a hard time getting into any books lately & this is the first one I've been able to read & enjoy for a month. I have really enjoyed other books by Emily (in particular, "Something Blue") and this one didn't disappoint me at all. It's about Ellen, a newlywed who married into a "perfect" family. Her husband, Andy, is all she could have wanted and more. Until the day she runs into her ex, Leo, and she starts to question the choices she made, the life she leads & wonders if she's truly happy.

I don't know anyone who hasn't had a moment in their life when they wondered "what could have been" and Emily Giffin has done a fantastic job of being realistic & open with the possibilities in this book. "Should've, could've, would've" ... all those questions and more are pondered in a very good book that truly sucked me in. If you enjoy a GREAT chick-lit type book, this is for you!!!

2 comments:

Julie P. said...

I really enjoyed this book too!

Angie said...

It took me a while to read this book...could have something to do with having a newborn, toddler, active school-age kids and being back at work!

It was a really good book as I have come to expect from Emily. And I agree Cheryl that it can hit pretty close to home and seems to be a good idea of what typically happens.